C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
BrightIs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 21:10:29 -0400
As most of you know I have four kids, oldest with severe ADHD and a host of other LDs, two in the middle who are very bright( by the way my 3 yr old daughter came down with bronchitis and an ear infection yesterday ended up in ER at 1:30 am, first time I ever had to run her in), and then I have my precious little angel Zachary who has micro, an ACM, global delays, hypotonia, very mild CP, conductive hearing loss, chronic sinusitis and a few other things.
the question I need to ask is of course related to Zachary.  He has had diarrhea since day one and has gotten worse and then better.  They can not find any chromosomal,metabolic, or malabsorbtion issues.  The problem is a disagreement between doctors concerning Zach.  The GI doctors seem to believe he has an intolerance to milk protein and his pediatrician seems to think it is intolerance to frutose (sp).  Which do you think is more probable ?  Zachary did have a skin allergy test done some months ago and it said negative on the milk allergy, but the allergist said that does not mean he isn't allergic.
Any help in this matter would be appreciated.  One more thing since they have done all of these tests and have come up with no known causes for his condition, should I go ahead and not allow any more testing at this point ? Thanks again and God Bless
Deborah mom of 4