C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robin Frisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 07:41:19 -0500
To the Incredible members of the C.P. List,
It's me Zach's Mom, I am here, I read and laugh and cry with all of you,
though my job as a children's museum consultant and exhibit developer keeps
me crazy busy, especially right now.

I have no words for how this list helped me when my son Zach who is 16 and
has cerebral palsy and a seizure disorder needed it.

You gave us unconditional love and support, some of you made phone calls for
me, wrote me privately, gave me factual medical info and tons of caring when
we needed it most. I met one of my very best friends for life on this list,
we write each other at least twice a day and I could not imagine life
without her.

Zach is doing so well I wake up every morning hoping it is not a dream. He
is on proper anti-convulsant medicine, he is attending a much smaller high
school, only 500 of the nicest most supportive kids and faculty I have ever
known, and he has a girlfriend. His girlfriend also has C.P., she like Zach
is a bright wonderful kid in a wheelchair, filled with all the hopes and
dreams of all teenagers, I will never be swayed from the thought that this
list got us on track for all of this. Zach is now getting excellent grades
and wants to be a history teacher, I know he will be.

Things are not fairy tale perfect, he still struggles with lots of issues,
but I know they can be dealt with, from listening to how people on this list
deal with them every day.

I am thankful for each and every one of you. Please keep smiling and
laughing and crying and hugging and joking and giving serious thought to
serious issues when needed. It is what makes us all very human human beings.
Robin