C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:29:49 -0400
I went in during the Reagan era build up and lets just say at least there
weren't signs on the lawns "Sailors and Dogs stay off the grass" anymore.
Lots of waste, lots of frivolous investigations (the infamous homosexual
witchhunts).
The military always was and always will be a life more than just a job.
Although the Army has done a better job of trying to be more family friendly
as more women are allowed into the service.  They'll never be able to catch
up, it's the nature of the work.

Recruiters need to be more up front with the it not just some 9-5 job.  Even
with out going into combat I was on call 24-7 365 (366 inleap years),
overnight duty, work the next day, go home when they tell you to and not a
minute before hand.  I was in during the late 80's.