C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:13:35 EST
I agree Ken, and I recall from previous conversations that you have residual
feelings about that incident.  In fact, I was thinking about you when I
posted that and I wondered what you would be thinking when you read it.

I feel strongly that the military short changed itself by not taking you, my
friend.

In a message dated 12/20/2000 2:02:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> when i got out of school the navy was actively advertising for data
>  processing personel in southeast asia. i went the next morning to join but
>  was sent away from the recruiter with somewhat a feeling of scorn.
>  i have done this type work for many years and could have done it for the
>  navy. in the area of our ability, the military is passing over a goldmine
of
>  ability that are in many cases needed.
>  no, we could not do actual combat, but many things we could do.

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
"I will either find a way or make one."