C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 12:05:50 -0600
Case,

Great to meet you, and glad you had a great time on your break!  I'm
Kendall (so I don't get confused with all the Kens I know!).  I'm 45 and
have CP and something called hydrocephalus, which a lot of people called
"water on the brain" back in the Dark Ages, when I was a kid.

My brother helped me out when I was a kid too.  He taught me how to
drive, and helped me tie my shoes until I figured out a way to do it on
my own.  My wife also has CP, so we help each other out (she's got
better use of her left arm, and I've got better use of my right, so we
do lots of things (like opening jars) together that people without CP
would do on their own.

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950