C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 19:00:05 EST
I've inserted my comments deep within the bowels of your post.
Deep...deep...kind of like a colonoscopy.

And speaking of colonoscopies, I got my bill for the one I had and nearly
passed out.  Okay, I am being histrionic, BUT, I did think to myself, "well,
what the heck am I complaining about?  It's like getting two for the price of
one."

In a message dated 11/04/2001 3:31:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> On Thursday 01 Nov 2001 7:04 pm, Betty B wrote:
>  > Gun ownership is a 24/7 responsibility.  No exceptions, no excuses,
>  > and no room for error.  I believe that gun control means using both
>  > hands, but I also believe in training, training, training, and
>  > practice, practice, practice.  Some people get their weapons
>  > training the way they get their fire extinguisher training, that's
>  > what scares me.
>  >
>  > It isn't the weapon that concerns me, it's the person who is in
>  > charge of it. There is no such thing as an accident.

I stand by everything I've said here.

>  >
>  Betty,
>
>  Back in the mid '70s I was on a long train journey and got chatting
>  with a chap who turned out to be a reporter fo a Durban Newspaper
>  (South Africa).  He was in the UK covering a Rugby Tour for his paper.
>  Not only was he a bigot (in favour of apartheid), but he said the
>  most amazing thing:-
>
>  "I'm really glad I've met you, I feel much better about my son dying
>  now. He shot himself in the head when he was four, playing with my
>  gun. If he had lived he would have been like you!!"

What a jerk! What a moron (maroon)!  What am effing moron!  My
pissed-off-ness is multi-faceted.

>  (Maybe I make everyone feel that way - they are just too polite to
>  tell!!).

Hey, I thought about eating a gun myself after meeting you -- JUST KIDDING!

>  That was the day I stopped buying "Cape" Grapes (up until Nelson
>  Mandella was made president). See, I done my bit!!

Good on you Deri.

Bad on that Durban twit.  Bad dog.

>  Cheers
>
>  Deri
>
>  PS Much prefer your definition of "Anthropomorphism".

Tell Professor.

Natalie and Susan send their regards.  Until they met you and Lin, they
didn't know that I knew anyone from polite society.  I kept telling them that
I was from polite society too, but they didn't believe me.  Maybe its the way
I scratch my back like a guy against the corner of two walls.  Or, it might
be the way I blow my nose, it's really hard to say.

Betty