C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:08:48 EDT
In a message dated 07/15/2003 10:43:23 Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> What are your venues for meeting disabled women?

Just online now.  If this makes any sense, I'm TOO well known in the disabled
community in this area.  Most of the disabled women that are in my age range
went to the same school I did.  There goes that idea.

There were dances held in this area by Catholic Charities, but I feel out of
place there.  The people who go to these dances are from group homes and are
(excuse me for saying this) not advanced enough to handle a relationship.  I
mean by understanding world events.  Knowing about how to have a life on their
own, and knowing how to handle being out on the streets.  These dances would be
easy targets but I want more out of life.

When I was younger I wanted another left hemiplegic (which I am), or right
hemiplegic.  The only women who were interested in me are the more severe
disabled women.  I'm not up on the precise teminolgy but I know they have CP.  Some
were more spastic than others.  The only thing that I can't handle is needle
injections.  I can handle anything else in taking care of a disabled woman.