C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:02:50 -0400
Forgive me if this all sound incoherent but I had my MRI today and they gave
me 2500 mg of chloral hydrate, which knocked me right out and I'm still a
bit dopey.  Ugh!  But -- my neuro went over the results with me afterwards
and all is OK! Hurrah!

Just wanted to share this with y'all... <big grin, probably silly>

As for the increased rigid spasticity in the right leg, I am to see my neuro
again in September and then we shall start planning the baclofen pump
procedure.  We are waiting that long for the improvements from my surgery to
maximise before doing anything new; it takes up to a year for any
improvements to manifest themselves after a laminectomy.

I'm SO relieved I don't need to worry about another spinal surgery!

Kat