C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 10:03:49 -0400
Deb

If you've been prescribed amytriptilline it just means they are using it for the pain relief properties. It is prescribed for many chronic pain type conditions. I am a psychiatric nurse by profession so I can tell you it is a good anti-depressant as well (though usually prescribed in higher doses for that purpose). It is nice for pain relief because it is non-addicting unlike most pain killers.

Yvonne

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/04/00 11:38PM >>>
> but they use it for fibromyalgia and that other thing? cfs.
> chonic fatigue syndrome.

So if a doctor has prescribed this for me, then they think I have one of
these two things then ?   I have asked around.  I talked to my husbands
mother whom happens to be a doctor, about my conditions.  She seems to think
that I have Sjogrens syndrome, she really doesn't believe in fibromyalgia so
she also thinks I have arthritis as well.  I all ready have documented
bursitis, chronic sprained neck (from accident), tendonitis in both wrists
and of course dry eyes, dry mouth, dry skin and heel spurs.  Any doctors out
there ?
Deborah mom of 4

> mag

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World