C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:26:40 -0400
I think we ought to make national service manadatory, like the Israelis and
other countries do.  If I had told you I would believe this had you asked
me 20 years ago, I would have vehemently opposed the idea.  But I now think
our youth take too many things for granted in this country and don't
appreciate how much we really have compared to other countries.  Even those
too disabled to do physical labor could do techical service jobs in the
support of our country, even perhaps working at VA hospitals and other
government facilities.

Kat