C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 01:03:24 +0800
Welcome to the list Denisa,

Doctors can be wrong, find a GP that will listen to you and take you
seriously, and get second, third and fourth opinions.  Good luck.

Rayna

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 11:12:30AM -0800, Denisa Lynn Hinkle wrote:
    Hello

    I'm Denisa, age 36 from Columbus Ohio.  I have CP that affects my right
    side.  It is "mild" compared to others I know.  I am looking forward to
    getting to know everyone.

    I am fighting with some doctors right now about a cyst in my head.  It was
    discovered 3 years ago when /i had a CT scan for diagnosis of menenigitis.
    It has(the cyst) caused me problems recently.  My psychiatrist insists its
    not my meds causing the symptoms (I'm bipolar) and my GP insists it is my
    meds.  I had seen a nuerologist right after the cyst was found, and he said
    nothing could be done or should be done since it wasn't causing me problems.

    Anyway, my symptoms include blurry vision, confusion, unstability on my feet
    (more than usual), extreme tiredness, headaches, extreme urgency to pee,
    mumbling my words, and personality changes.  I'm at a loss.  My GP wont give
    me a referal to a nuerologist, maybe my psych will.

    Denisa