C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:03:10 -0400
Exactly, Ken.  Change happens at the grassroots level (even though that
phrase is tired, it's true).  It never ceases to amaze me that most MDs know
so little about CP--for most, only what they retained from med school
lectures.  For the folks who have a working knowledge of CP, they tend to
have pediatric specialties.  As far as the pediatrician is concerned, the
"static" statement is true--they don't see any degeneration in their patient
population because they've outgrown pediatrics before symptoms present.