C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:05:40 -0400
Mike,

Definitely pursue it.  Anything like this happens in the future, stand
your ground and force the manager to call 911 (making sure to be very
polite to the responding police officers).  Although McDonald's is
private property, it's also public space and there are limits to what
measures they can take to control your behavior.  For example, they may
require you to wear shirt and shoes in their store, but they cannot deny
you entrance because the shirt you're wearing has a Wendy's slogan.
Just curious, did the manager ever tell you why you weren't allowing in
with the backpack?

Much depends on the neighborhood you were in while you were in
Nashville.  If you were downtown, say around Fatherland Street or Shelby
Avenue, the manager might just have been trying to jerk your chain.
Maybe you had an encounter with some ignoramus who took the symptoms of
your CP as you either being high or drunk.  It's shameful, but it
happens.

Kyle