C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 19:52:11 -0400
It's interesting in that when the Christ came he specifically questioned the
old testament laws.  He was often a breaker of Judaic law and questioned
it's legitamacy especially in the face of hypocrasy.  Christ worked on the
Sabbath, didn't wash his hands.  I often find a lot of conflict between what
Christ says "turn the other cheek', "meek shall inherit the earth" and
Pauline concepts of Christianity.

Beth T.

Subject: Re: was brother now Polictics

Mag,

I see dead people too, but Torah does justify war for the sake of defending
the nation of Israel.  if you will read Leviticus and Deuteronomy, you will
find all sorts of examples and explanations for this, the difference between
the first Commandment of 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' and the Israelis waging war
in
the name of G-d.

Of course this does *not* mean I agree with this.  In fact, I consider the
Bible outdated in many respects, especially in consideration to its
viewpoints on homosexualty and war; we must consider the differences in time
when reading it.  I do see the Ten Commandments as the moral guide we should
all live by, and the first Commandment to me take precedence over the one
abjuring the Israelis to wage war.

Having said that, I do think it's inevitable if we should ever see an enemy
invade this country - and I mean a full-scale invasion, not a hit and run
attack like 9/11 - we are justified in defending ourseves.  In that case, it
becomes a matter of defense to survive, not murder.  And if my home were
invaded and I was attacked, yes, I'd do whatever I could to survive, even
kill my attacker.  To me that would be killing, not murder, although it
would
leave a scar on my psyche, I'm sure.  But it would not be murder in my eyes
or in the eyes of the court.

Kat