C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"John, Ann, Tyler, & Kaitlyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:20:43 -0600
Kirby,
    You might try the cricket walker.  It looks kind of like a small bike
but has four wheels and a seat.  The seat has a strap to go around his waist
and then a bar goes around his chest area to hold him secure.  He would not
have to use his hands when the bars around him.  The walker is designed that
when the child is stronger the bars go up and they can put there hands on
it.  The only problem is that for Tyler it seem a little to heavy for him.
He can walk in it though if we push his back forward or he holds our hand.
This is the only way he will take steps.  What we do like about it though is
even if he is not walking it does allow him to stand and I guess you could
say that it is kind of like a prone stander. It does keep him nice and
secure so that he does not fall. There is another walker similar that is
called the arrow walker.