C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:58:22 EDT
In a message dated 04/16/2001 5:58:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Betty,
>  Joanne responded to your comments on the twins -- and I commented on that,
>  guess it went to Joanne's box only.
>
>  I know you are right. It IS SCARY.
>
>  mag

I saw Joanne's e-mail and was glad that she wrote what she did.  Also from
Kathy and Steve (just trying not to leave any one out).

It wasn't just the twins story that got to me.  I was jumping around to
various stories related to health or children.  There was a story about
providing medication for poor people, and the comments were frightening.
"Let 'em die," and so forth.  They were literally saying that.  These weren't
coming from just one person.  It was the same thing with an organ donation
story as well, but not as much.

My sister offed herself on Good Friday when I was a teenager, but it never
bothered me before. This time I was reading all that crap and thinking about
how she told her bastard husband that she had taken a lot of pills and he
ignored her and went to bed.  It just seems like crap has to happen over and
over again all the time.  It's not the same and I'm the one who chose to
think about all that but the combination lit a fire in my head and heart.

By the time yesterday evening rolled around, I felt a little devastated.
Tonight I don't -- gotta keep moving, you know?

Betty