C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 07:09:15 -0500
Here, here!  Very well-put, Stephen!

My mother would often dismiss my opinions with a "oh you don't know what
you're talking about" even when the subject was politics.  Consequently I
refused to get into such discussions with her and she'd be frustrated
because I'd change the topic.  But I was tired of her belittling me and so I
refused to play the game.   I loved my mother dearly but she was hard to
live with at times.  Unfortunately it all left me with the reluctance to
discuss things with people I don't know or trust and I know I can trust the
people on this list not to put me down.

Kat