C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 10:43:46 -0500
I've been awfully busy, and my cable connection has been wonky, going off and
on at will (I'm having a cable tech support person coming over today to look
at my setup, although I'm not sure how they'll react to the fact that I'm
using Linux and not Windows or MacOX).

In any case, I have found the time to read a book one of my workmates got for
me - "Blindsided: Lifting a Life Above Illness - A Reluctant Memoir", by
Richard M. Cohen.  Mr. Cohen is a former journalist whose life has been
dominated by having MS since his 20s, and the pains of watching his children
deal with his deteriorating condtion.  His condition has worsened such that
he is now legally blind, needs a cane to walk, and has cognitive problems.
This has all been complicated by the fact that he was diagnosed with colon
cancer, and has had to deal with the realities of that, as well.

I particularly recommend it to Kyle and Ken, as I thought of you two whilst
reading it.

Kat