C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2010 23:18:40 -0400
I think I am going to wait the week do a few more sessions with the speech therapist and see what she thinks as well. My issues with the feeding tube is, that him having the feeding tube is NOT going to stop him from aspiration unless we stop feeding him liquids orally. I was told by the GI to continue to feed him by mouth and only use the g-tube to finish his feeds when he does not or when he starts to gag. He will eat a 9oz bottle some feeds without an issue or cough and next feed gag the entire time and eat 2oz. He eats stage 2 baby food in a feeder bottle for cereal PERFECT. I have experimented on my own with thickened liquids with the pedestrians approval and found that between nectar and honey thick liquid he does relatively well in the Avent bottle for thicker liquid. Other times he hates those nipples and only takes a standard ventaire bottle. He makes me want to pull my hair out!!! Thanks for all the advice