C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 00:24:05 -0400
Hi Linda,

Yep, I can understand your problem, that is for sure!  Mom and I shop totally
different.  I figure out what I want - go in the store, BUY it, and leave.  She
is a 'browser'......... she goes to one area of the store, finds two dresses
that look (to me) virtually ALIKE, and stands holding them for an hour saying
'which do you like?'..........  and all the while my hips and back are killing
me!

My family doctor delivered me, and back in 1960 mom had no prenatal tests to
determine my spina bifida beforehand.  So, when I was born, the doctor informed
her "it's a girl, and she has a cyst on her back".  He then left on a fishing

Well Mag, I'm not really effected by speech, I do tend to stammer, I guess, but
I am not sure it's related to cp, or not.  Sometimes it takes me a little bit to
say what I want........

See ya
Beth

--