C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:24:14 -0400
CP is a condition, not a disease, Kathy Jo, as others have said, and you treat
conditions, not cure them.  There is no medicine or surgical procedure that
will cure CP.  Also the earlier treatment is started, the better  as it
becomes more difficult as one grows older.

I think the best way to deal with it is to simply accept the fact that you
have CP and look for ways to live the best you can with it. It's a lot of
hard work but you can do it.  If I can, anyone can.

Kat