C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:45:06 -0400
Ow! Ow! Ow!  I had those all the time as a kid. Ow!

My folks managed to avoid Helene, but Gordon kept 'em worried a bit.
They're at water's edge and the house is 10' above sea level.  Dad said the
boat dock/patio was underwater, but the storm surge barely crested the
seawall.  Pretty lucky, I guess.

Hurricanes I think I could deal with because of the warning time.
Tornadoes, on the other hand...   Xenia, Ohio (about 50 miles south) got
popped hard last week by an F-4 tornado (1 dead, about 100 injured).  The
same town was virtually destroyed 26 years ago in 1974 by another F-4.

Ironically, only one of six tornado sirens was operational last week because
they were installing upgraded software at the time!

-Kyle