C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kyle E Cleveland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 12:25:44 -0500
Bobby Greer wrote:
> <snip>
> Kyle,
>
>         "Doing donuts" in the snow. Shame on you! Joyce(my wife) is terrified
> by driving in snow and ice. She's had three near fatal accidents on ice and
> snow. So, she will not leave the house. Well, she developes the "female
> problem"
> & sends ol' Bobby to the drug store. I'm praying that the pharmacist
> assistant who fills my prescriptions is on duty which would minimize my
> embarassment. Wouldn't know, this eighteen year old female is at the
> register!
>
> Bobby

Isn't that always the case?  My fourteen year-old daughter sent me to
the store the other day for "sanitary napkins" and a friend of mine went
along for the ride.  As we were leaving the house, Adrienne yells out
the door, "Dad!  Don't forget!  It's <brand name> maxi-pads WITH WINGS!"
My (daughter-less) buddy like to died on the spot!  Ha!

Remember what it was like, though, when you were a teen and you went to
the drug store to try to get condoms (like there was ever a chance I'd
get to employ one.  Yeah, right)?  Anyway, the old druggist in our
little town had a lot of fun with that stuff.  He always sold 'em to us
because he knew they'd just stay in our wallets until they rotted away.
One time my mom found one (months old) in my wallet, got all upset,
started crying and told my dad, who just said, "If you want to collect
souvenirs, go out in the bean field and find some arrow heads.  It's
cheaper."  Then he laughed and laughed.  The old man new from his
boyhood experience, I guess.  Still, talk about embarrassment!

As far as the donuts are concerned, I can deal with the snow.  It's
these "bible-belt" ice storms that are killing me.  Can't you keep that
stuff in Tenn. where it belongs?

-Kyle

(Wishing I was at Denise Goodman's raht now!)