C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matt Conaway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 17:06:53 -0400
I had Bobath or whatever as a kid. I'm not sure it helped much. I don't
know.  There were many angry, negative people in my life then.

Oh how I hate to have my face touched or my teeth brushed!  I just don't
like that at all.  Kleenex drives me crazy.  Also, I have to be fully
dressed to have a serious conversation with a caregiver.  Etc.

And yes, I'm convinced that I have PTSD both from the spiritual/touch
abuse I suffered in high school as well as from having to fight my way
through public school since I ALWAYS had to prove myself....

Studying "A Course in Miracles" has helped with the anger.  I have also
been working with a practitioner of Chulauqui Quodoshka(Native American
Sacred Sexuality) for the abuse.  I would like to move beyond that to
actually manage the hypersensitivity better, if at all possible.

Matt