C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 03:03:11 -0700
Hi April,
Welcome to C-Palsy. I have a 6 yr old son who has
spastic quad CP. He was a 26 weeker (1#14oz), no brain
bleed but he had a cardio-repiratory arrest when he
was 20 days old that lasted an 1/2 hour before they
got an heart beat back. The consquence was that
basically all the white matter had been destroyed in
his brain. Alex is in first grade now mainstreamed 1/2
day with the regular classroom and 1/2 day with the
special ed classroom. He too has had several surgeries
from fundo's,gtubes,spinal,orthopedic and spinal.
C-Palsy is a wonderful group of people who have CP and
they have been a loopy,laughing and realistic look
into what the future may hold for Alex. I do know what
you mean about not knowing or being able to talk with
other parents of kids with CP. ALex has been in
special ed since he was 5 months old. In all that
time, last year was the first time he had another
child in a wheelchair in his school( the kid was
several years older though). It's almost like our kids
with CP are the minority of among the disability
minority. There are two other list-serves that you may
be intersted in joing. One is CP Parent, which is for
parents of kids with CP and you'll find lots of othr
parets who kids have had the grade IV brain bleeds and
Preemie-Child, which is a list for parents of school
age ( min. age of kid must be 4) who have been born
prematurely. Subscription info is below.

CPPARENT
Listserv for parents who have a child with Cerebral
Palsy. Archives.
Instructions: Send the message, SUBSCRIBE CPPARENT
Your Name to [log in to unmask] or join
online.
Listowner: Paul Sheridan

Preemie-Child
An active support group for parents of children born
prematurely who are now school age (4 years old or
older).
To join: Send an email with this message: SUBSCRIBE
PREEMIE-CHILD Your Full Name to this address:
[log in to unmask] When you receive a
reply, email the information requested to the
listowner to complete your subscription.
Listowners: Allison & Rick Martin
Website:
http://www.comeunity.com/premature/preemie-child/

Joanne

. But I have never talked to anyone with a