C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 16:10:35 EST
You go Girl, WOO HOO!

Just thought I'd tell ya, this is what your government and others decided was
disposable.  There is an oppression there as well though.  Believe me.

Ask a nondisabled, white male who lacks the relative-to-gender amount of
testosterone, when compared to mine (I love it when I talk like this), if he
feels threatened by minorities of any kind.  If he's been paying attention to
anything, he'll probably tell you "Yes!"

These people are hit with all kinds of talk.  They don't know what to
believe, and I'm not going to cede the mighty power of response to non
disabled people who would exploit us, as well as them.  Huh?  What?  Ain't I?
 Does "flag of convenience" strike anyone else in a peculiar way here?

Who remains then, to right that not-so-little wrong?  I know, we didn't ask
for this greatness.  We've got it though, by virtue of our special knowledge.

Right now, somebody on this list oughta be thinking "Man, she remembered to
qualify it this time."

A man is built to protect his family.  Medical Doctor opinions?  NO, wait.
Don't say a word.  Listen, I know the score.  That's the way it is.  There's
plenty of oppression to go around, wouldn't you say?  Wouldn't you LIKE to
say?  I hope you have healthful channels through which you feel free to vent.
 God knows, the best among you (with my own at the top of that list) deserve
them.

I got all your backs, man.  I've looked into this stuff.

Also though, the woman is built that way -- to protect her family, I mean.
We are just geared toward differing methods from an early age.  If
challenged, I am positive that I can back this up with supportive and
credible findings.  I'll just need some time to do the research, that's all.

What I'm saying is that the non disabled community is being exploited too.
Their built-in mental stuff I just mentioned is where the breech invariably
occurs.  Do you see?  They are being taught, at least I believe this to be
so, different things than the things we want them to know about us.  They are
being taught that we are a threat to them.  What is our next move?  And,
isn't the next move ours?  If so, and we do not take it, someone will.  Of
that, you can be sure.

Does general history itself not corroborate my claim?  Run that "math."

I have to be able to back my stuff up, don't I?  I mean, here I am with my
big shot mouth and a GED.  Okay, two years in fire science and I actually
paid attention in all those government classes.

What in the world was I talking about?  Man, I get twisted sometimes.

Hey Ken, remember that story about my experience with the Female Reproductive
Hazards Doctor at the CDC?  Don't think I'll ever forget.  These are the
things that make me go "Woo Hoo!"  That's what I'm talking about.

Where the heck was I going?  Oh yeah...I'm going on vacation...a sabbatical,
if you will. But first, I'm going to call Miss Cleo and tell HER what, you
wid dat?

Personal: Deri, my e-mail reply is coming.  Kyle, Kyle, Kyle.  Too late for
you.  I succumbed and imbibed (he asked, Deri).

JUST KIDDING!!!  My nephew is coming from Richmond, VA tomorrow to visit.
I'm sending him to Parcel Plus.

"I love the smell of Greek Fire in the morning"

[log in to unmask] -- welcome to my new disability rights e-mail address.
This is for future writings posted on general websites, where I will
shamelessly and brazenly exploit the "hobbies/special interests?" question on
the guest books to promote disability awareness.  It's fair game.  This isn't
a job; it's an adventure.

I worked for the Navy. I know from adventure.

I say this, now and for all time: We are deeper; we have to be.  This is a
requirement of any oppressed community who wishes not to remain so. For me,
this is sufficient knowledge in and of itself.  I need not know where the
circle is tied closed, I only need know that I have the opportunity to be a
better person because it is tied closed.  Betty Alfred

I am listening to Handel's Hallelujah from "The Messiah."

Curley was right.  It's my "one thing."

Find your one thing.

Word.