C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:42:27 -0400
It applied to everyone getting excited about a "cure."  I think it'd
be great, but I also think if there is indeed a cure for brain
injuries (from various causes), then those of us who chose not to be
cured or can't be successfully treated, will become even more
marginalized than we already are.  But realistically, I also think
such treatments probably will be found to have limited success.

I only need to refer interested parties to Dr. Oliver Sacks'
"Awakenings" for cautionary notes.

Kat

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 02:24, Kathleen Salkin wrote:
> This all makes me want to complain, what's wrong with being the way I
> am?  I like myself the way I am, dammit!
>
> Kat

Its Ok Kat. You don't have to wake me up!!

Cheers

Deri (wondering if your comment applied to the original quote or
mine!! - oh
the dangers of "top posting")