C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:47:48 -0700
Ken,

Yeah, you're right

Just wish Cheney hadn't carried his "home" state (Wyoming).  It wouldn't
have made a whit of difference, but I'd feel better! ;-{)}

After Tennessee elected Bill Frist, I think the state took a hard turn to
the right.  Wonder what Bobby would have to say about Tennessee now?

I was at a conference last week and talked with a woman who does what I do
for the Tennessee UCEDD, who had received more than one call from parents
requesting growth attenuation treatment for their daughters with
disabilities (a la Ashley X).  Scariest part was that at least one of the
kids she'd been contacted about had Down Syndrome, which isn't generally
nearly as severe a disability as the disability "Ashley" has.

The "slippery slope" is already trying to assert itself.

Interesting that you never hear about requests for attenuation treatment for
males with significant disabilities, especially since males potentially can
grow larger.

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.