C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 23:00:52 EDT
I have a serious problem with the "religious right" saying we as disabled
need to be healed.  I would like this arthritis to go away but past that  I'm
fine as I am.  These are the kind of people who would on one hand be  right to
life and be agaisnt all abourtions, but when it comes to the disable  having
children, their first words would be to have the disabled, both men and  women
sterilized, or have an abortion immediately or try to set up adoption  before
even consulting with the disabled couple.    This may not  be the case
everywhere but it is in my area.  One doctor told me that I  needed to be sterilized.
No doctor should have the right to say a person  should be sterilized unless
there is a medical need like it would endanger the  woman's life.  This is one
of my personal rants against the world.