C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Kyle E. Cleveland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:07:31 -0400
Sudden change in the barometer Thursday/Friday like to killed me, spasm
-wise.  We watched a tornado skirt the neighborhood Friday.  The wall clouds
were spectacular!  Went to the basement w/Laura and the kidlets and the 7
year-old was petrified  -- "Daddy, where am I going to sleep if my bed gets
blown away?"  "What will happen to all my books and stuffed animals?", etc.,
etc.  I blame her grandmother (my mom) for instilling an unhealthy terror of
stormy weather.  A "Weather Channel" junkie at 7.

Laura's doing pretty well, though recovering from a week-long visit from the
in-laws (my folks).  Really seeing an aging process going on--especially
with my dad.  Bitched about how cold it was here (mid-80's) during the
entire visit.

Laura made the front page of the hometown newspaper for her efforts at
getting the Moms with Cancer support groups started.  Great 1/4 page color
picture of she and Anna eating popsicles on the front porch.  It's good that
she can serve and keep her mind focused on things other than her own
situation.  Thanks for asking after her!  How are you and yours?

-Kyle