C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lillian Stiegler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 09:40:32 -0500
Hi from Louisiana, folks!

As you have read recently, another college prof. was looking for volunteers
to participate in a student interview project -- now I need to add my own
request.  I teach graduate students in speech-language pathology, and each
year I have them interview an individual with CP.  It shouldn't really be
so many direct questions and answers -- my goal is to have students discuss
a variety of every day issues, and through those discussions, learn the
similarities and differences between their own world views and those of
their interviewee.  It would be great if the emails could start relatively
soon, and last for several weeks, so that the students would have time to
explore several different topics in detail.  I would particularly like to
pair the students up with individuals who have dealt with communication
issues (to add to their sensitivity as future clinicians), but that's not a
prerequisite.  If anyone would be willing to participate, would you email
me off the list at [log in to unmask]

Thank you so very much for considering this...

Lilly Stiegler