C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kimberlee Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 17:00:07 EST
Beth,

Yes, we live in Virginia, but Stefan is only in Preschool at the moment
(through the county school district), so he's only there 1/2 a day.  I'm sure
they would tell me that they do what they can at snack time, etc., but what
they do and what I want done are two different things.  He doesn't get enough
"therapy time" to amount to much.  I'm trying to get info at the moment
because his IEP is coming up in about a week.  I want to push them to add
more time for OT, but they just flat out say "no" normally to everything, so
I have to find a way to show it's necessary.  He cannot do much by himself,
so I think they think it's a lost cause.  I feel like they gang up on me at
the IEP meetings, anyway.

Kimberlee, mom to Stefan (4) and Alex (9)