C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. S. Margolis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
I. S. Margolis
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:27:57 -0500
Dearest Karen,

You are very welcome.

And thank you for acknowledging my "message."   Not everybody wants to
understand what I am saying.  It is of mutual benefit, if often painful,
that some of us are experienced and mature enough not to slip into
denial and the misguided notion that everything is a matter of positive
thinking.

While I am whole-heartedly grateful for your personal
acknowledgement--including my delight knowing that you read at least
some
of what I write--what matters is that you clearly and forthrightly
understood the crux of what I am saying.  You show a shrewd and
pragmatic way to seek to prevent a potentially serious condition from
deteriorating into irreparable damage.

Now I have no objection to any and all "interim" methods, pills,
homeopathies, or attitudes that help people through the day.   I resent
deeply when some deny me personally, ultimately themselves, the reality
of my pain, suffering, and condition.  Some have tried to evade this
discussion.
Others have sought to avoid me or reframe the issues to their
preference.  In all honesty: at a younger, healthier, shallower time of
my life I would have avoided myself too.  I succeeded so well
that I became what I was avoiding!  LoL!

Not everybody with CP will encounter spinal cord damage.  Yet those of
us with active lives--which also takes huge dollops of affirmative
attitude <G>--seem more prone to central nervous system and pain issues.
My hope is that more of us will become
more aware and wary.  And WAKE UP our doctors.

My hugs and love to you Karen K. and all my brothers and sisters.

And thank you again for allowing me to be less odd and alone.

ISM
"Stranger in a Strange Body (and Mind)"

> Date:    Thu, 9 Nov 2000 23:00:42 EST
> From:    "Karen K. Perlow" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Implications of Cerebral Palsy on the Aging....
>
> In a message dated 11/09/2000 8:49:54 PM Central Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> << Hey, my MD is back from sabbatical and said he knows that other
patients
> with
>  CP have djd that can turn into nerve damage, so he is going to check
into a
>  neck mri for me >>
>

>     After reading everybody's story , I'm asking about xrays & or an
MRI the