C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:35:32 -0500
Greta,

This would only work in those cases where the brain itself was swollen and
the swelling could be brought down with cold temperatures.  Obviously
neurological damage doesn't always evince itself in brain swelling but the
swelling itself can cause brain damage.  It's just one tool the doctors can
consider.

Also note that it's early days yet and they don't know if the child has CP
yet - it will be time before it can be fully diagnosed.

Kat