C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:19:42 -0400
Trisha-

I'll respond in depth later this weekend when I have more time, but no, I'm
speaking of what one of the authors in you link referred to as "Pauline"
Christians--at least during that timeframe.  The Gnostics were later down
the line.

I think the authors raise a red herring about the schisms in the first
century church, but I'll address that in detail later--and I promise I won't
use someone else's opinion to support my own.  Since I profess the Bible to
be true, it would be hypocritical of me to rest my assertions on the
scholarly work of another.  I think the "law and the prophets" and the other
writings found in what we call the "bible" are strong enough to stand on
their own without a Rabbi, Priest or Theo Ph.D. telling us what it all
means.

Kyle