C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 00:54:02 EDT
In a message dated 09/17/1999 11:43:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Ah, walking, the two edged sword. You'd be surprised how many
 >ambulant CPers have capped front teeth (I have), its called "kerb
 >diving". >>

Is it okay for the non CPer to post on this?  Once I discovered the joy of
wheels, I was gone!  I'm a potential kerb diver for sure, but I don't have
that purple heart -- yet.

I don't usually get hung up on terms, but when I hear "wheelchair bound," it
kind of gives me the creeps.  There is nothing binding about it -- my chair
means freedom to me!  Of course, I was "bound" to complain about something
sooner or later...

But seriously, I love to go to museums and DC is filled with them.  Without a
wheelchair, it would be absolutely impossible to enjoy something like that.
I'd never make it.  My universe is incredibly because of my chair -- three
cheers!

This is the spice of life!

Betty