C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 19:36:45 EST
Kieran brings up an intresting point about anxiety.  I myself have genral
anxiety disorder as well as a history of depression.  I  recently read an
article on medscape about the neuobiological causes of depression in which it
discussed anxiety as being a symptom of depression.  Anyway it discussed that
if there had been early tramatic injury to the brain (they were talking about
child abuse) that there were higher liklyhoods of depression and other psych
disorders then in the "nomal" population.  Now since alot of cp is caused by
tramatic brain injuies could this apply?  I would be one who would say yes.
Anyway this article can be found on medscape  <<A HREF="http://www.medscape.com/Medscape/psychiatry/TreatmentUpdate/2000/tu03/public/toc-tu03.html">Psychiatry Treatment Updates -
<Update on the Neurobiology of Depressions</A>, and might  be of intrest to some
on the list.

Anee
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/