C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:47:40 EDT
well yesterday was quite a day.  i had an argument with the director of the
art  center, i was asked to leave because i could not calm down. so i left
and since the center is near lake merritt, i decided to go there to calm
down.  well i hit a pothole in the parking lot down there and it broke a bolt
in my scooter's axle.  i got a passerby to go call my facilitator, and she
came down and we called everybody, but oakland does not have an emergency
pickup service for busted wheelchairs. so we were told to call 911, 911 said
they would call the park service.... we waited and waited, and were told
"they're on the way"  numerous times. finally we called 911 when gina's cell
phone was getting low on power. she told them it was getting dark and quickly
becoming not safe... 5 minutes later two police cars show up. it was now 4
hours later...  anyway, we only needed one police car...
my face and neck are sunburnt, and you can bet i'm writing  to  the city to
complain about this problem.

tamar