C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 22:56:05 +0800
On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:28:36AM -0800, Carla MacInnis wrote:
    -23 is about 10-12 below F. Ball park :)

    I'm sure, in cold climes, farmers with livestock have heated barns. Unless
    the critters get to sleep in the house :)

A few years ago - after I moved to Perth - there was a really bad
(sub-zero +) cold period in Southland, New Zealand, where I was born,
and where many of my father's family still live.  It's a colder area
of NZ anyway,  25 C is regarded as a heat wave ;-), but this was the
coldest for years.   My uncle is a sheep farmer and told us of many
sheep dying because their mouths and noses were frozen over,
preventing them from breathing, also their feet would freeze to the
ground. :-(  Extremes of weather are NOT good!

Meanwhile here in Perth, it's been 35 C + mostly, as usual, but has
cooled to a pleasant mid twenties, lovely!

Rayna
(And I know I've been quiet lately!  Lots has been going on,
all good life-changing, improving stuff, I've not had time to blink!
I'll let you all in on it, as I get time - the most important thing
though, I HAVE MY NEW SCOOTER!!!!!!  Had it by the end of November,
very quick and painless, it's an Invacare Auriga in French Ultra
Marine blue, 8 k's an hour and FABULOUS!!!!!  Much more roomy and better for
me physically, most of the pains and cramps in my neck, shoulders,
back and arms have gone - bliss!)