C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meir Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:24:37 -0400
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ginger
Campbell, MD
Sent: August 18, 2011 11:39
To: Meir Weiss
Subject: BSP 75 Exploring the Secret Lives of the Brain

Here are the show notes for last month's episode. I am resending it because
it failed to go out to some subscribers. I apologize if this is a duplicate.
The show notes for this month's podcast will be arriving later today.

In his new book Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain neuroscientist
David Eagleman describes consciousness as "the smallest player in the
operations of the brain" (page 5) because most of what the brain does is
outside conscious awareness (and control). In a recent interview (BSP 75)
Dr. Eagleman reviews some of the evidence for this startling position as
well as the implications both for the average person and for social policy.

Listen to Episode 75
Episode Transcript (Download PDF)