C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2013 10:12:25 -0600
Baclofen pumps (intrathecal baclofen) deliver the drug directly into the
spinal fluid, which also circulates through the brain.  Pumps have been
around for at least 20 years, because the surgeon that put mine in last
year was doing research on them in his residency and fellowship training
(1992 - 2003).  Janet got her first pump in 2006, and had it replaced last
year.  The predicted life of the pump is 5 years.

--

Kendall