C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2006 18:37:08 -1000
Today I was driving at the speed limit 35 mph and was passed 5 times
in less than 2 miles and twice when it was illegal to pass. This on a
Sunday in a beach area where many children play and cross the street.
In Hawaii we have a bumper sticker SLOW Down it's not the mainland.
No one racing to work etc. I think people are just so stressed they
are not polite or concerned for others anymore. I think if I had a
scooter I might use a cane or stick to clear the path in front of
me..bat or poke at people to give them the message. It's just become
a very rude society. In Los Angeles they don't even pull over for
emergency vehicles anymore. It's crazy. I don't have very good
impulse control.