C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 06:31:24 -0500
thanks, deri.

-----Original Message-----
From: Deri James [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 9:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Sonicare & PLAX

On Tuesday 19 December 2000 11:42 am, Barber, Kenneth L. wrote:
> rechargeable batteries die eventually. that is my guess on your sonicare.
> about once every month or two, you need to run it completely down to no
> charge before recharging. that will make then last longer. i do not have
> the scientific explaination of this, but, i read it somewhere and it
works.

The available battery types are Lithium Ion (LiIon), Nickel Metal Hydride (
NiMH) and Nickel Cadmium (NiCd).

LiIon batteries are the most expensive ones but a lot lighter than NiCd for
the same energy content, and have minimal -- but present -- memory effects.
NiMH is better than NiCd, but still rather heavy and does suffer some
(although less than NiCd) memory effects.

 Definition for: memory effects

A problem with nickel cadmium batteries (particularly) in which the battery
remembers how full it was when it was last charged, and doesn't go past that
point the next time.Because of this the battery must be completely drained
before recharging to get the longest charge.

More than you would wish to know!!

Cheers

Deri