C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 19:46:39 EST
Mag-

In order to do an MRI on a person with Athetoid CP they have to give you
seditivies (i.e. Vallium or the like).  A number of years ago they tried to
do one on me, and they were sopose to sadate me but do to miscommunication
the order for the drugs never got written.  Needless to say although we did
try and this was only a 15min brain MRI it did not work and I never used that
nuro again because she would not return my call.  Tony has said that if he
ever has to do one on me he is going to try to use CT scan if at all possible
and sadation as well and if he has to do an MRI then he will heavely sedate
me.  So atucally so far I have never had one.  Tony has discovered all my
stuff through x-ray.

Anee