C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ehthiers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 2009 21:56:52 -0400
Also, occasionally, the local Shriner's hospital, although I notice ours is
saying they will not pay for equipment anymore.  Elks clubs will
occasionally help out also.  A wheelchair for someone with mild impairments
is better.  She could learn to wheel it herself for more mobility, they tend
to be lighter and are easier to fund than a stroller.  Strollers are used
for people who aren't going to get in and out of them on their own and in my
opinion not age appropriate for someone with only mild impairments.

Beth T. the OT