C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 21:07:23 -0500
Greeting Elaine,
I too am an occupational therapist.  I started on this list when I was still
in school and stay now for the off beat humor.  I don't have children yet,
live with a husband, 6 cats, 1 dog and some fish.
Currently, I am mainly working with children but, have also started with
adult folks who have developmental disabilities and will also be giving some
talks at the Center for Independent living.  I have training in sensory
integration, neurodevelopment treatment, assistive technology (Just waiting
for the funds to sit for the test), early intervention, psychosocial
interventions, MOVE curriculum, etc.
I don't know how I could be a mentor but, I can say that many of the folks
on this list I could consider mentors just from the wit, wisdom and even
some non-cp issues.

Beth Thiers, OT, nature lover, sci fi/computer geek and email junkie