C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:08:29 -0400
MK - A lot of CP'rs have spasticity that fluctuates aoocording to stress
and moods so you're not alone in that respect.  I know that when I'm tired
and stressed out, I am more rigid in my leg than when I'm more relaxed.
There's a direct link between brain chemistry and how your muscles react.

Kat

------------------------------
another thing is, unlike almost everyone with CP, I don't have unusual
muscle tone.  I was told that technically I have CP b/c I was premature
and damage to my cerebellum has affected motor skills and other things
when I was born.  but unlike almost everyone with CP, I don't have
muscle tone issues except with fluctuating spasticity and weakness when
I am upset.

so that - almost the vast majority of what people say about CP does not
apply to me.  in terms of how they are affected.  except that motor
skills are very difficult.

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web