C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Collis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:19:31 -0400
Do you think Bush has made it harder for conservatives?  Or were the events
happening now just bad luck?  Is the GOP shooting itself in the foot for
considering political moderates such as Giuliani and McCain?

I like this quote by C. S. Lewis and I think it has an implicit warning for
us Christians who try to change society from the outside in (at least, it
does to me):

"Of all the tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may
be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than
under omnipotent moral busy-bodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes
sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us
for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the
approval of their own conscience."