C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:33:04 -0500
Mag,

I currently take Zanaflex, but only at night due to daytime somnolence.
Everyone's experience with meds that alster brain/spinal chemistry are bound
to be different--no to people are alike--but your experience with Z-flex
mirrors mine with the sleep aid Ambien (hallucinations, etc.).  My biggest
complaints with Zanaflex are urinary retention, horrible "dry-mouth" and the
inability to be fully alert should there be a night-time emergency.  Oh, the
efficacy as an anti-spasmodic is dose-related and there is a tendency
towards tolerance.

-Kyle