C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joanne Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:26:09 -0500
I have fallen in the office, too. I don't mind it when I have to ask for
help, though... because more often than not if you TRY to help me, you
CAN'T get me off the ground. I have horrible balance and bad hips, and
can't get up from the ground without holding on to something... (like, the
wall) and if you approach me, and just try to PULL me up, it ain't gonna
work. (I don't have enough balance to just get my legs in the right
position to stand up) So I always tell people to let me do it unless I ask
for help.

> From: Kyle E. Cleveland <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Betty/Jody Dunkel
> Date: Thursday, January 27, 2000 12:55 PM
>
> Yeah, I don't get it.  When we "do it ourselves", society champions us
(the
> disabled), but when we ask for a hand up, suddenly we become a burden.
What